With a population of over 550,000 people and a surface area of 153sq. km, Malta’s domestic trade is limited but interesting, considering that the deviation to call at Malta is negligible (7km on a straight line from Straits of Gibraltar to Suez Canal) and port costs are amongst the cheapest in the Mediterranean.
Our approach to the representation of a liner service includes:
- Comprehensive market study on the intended trade route including: Traffic Flows, Commodities, Market Rates, Competition, Clients.
- Analysis by market segmentation.
- Development of a realistic sales strategy.
- Assignment of a trade manager and sales force.
- Detailed cost analysis at Malta in respect of discharging and loading full/empty containers, storage of containers, container cleaning and repairs, amongst others.
- Container control setup.
- Client response desk.
- Accounting and control procedures.